Only works written from 1900 are mentioned here. The authors have retained more than a thousand for this catalog which has six stages: the first year of study and the tenth year have been dissociated - the others are associated two by two (2nd-3rd, 4th-5th, 6th-7th, 8th-9th).
If we look at the three cycles of special education, the approximate correspondence is as follows:
- first cycle: 1st to 3rd year
- second cycle: 4th to 7th year
- third cycle: 8th to 10th year
In each of the stages, we will find seven sections:
- methods, studies and exercises -
- repertoire (everything about the piano solo instrument) -
- piano and tape (works accompanied by a magnetic tape) -
- piano four hands -
- two four-handed pianos (original works and transcriptions) -
- piano and orchestra - - three pianists and more ...
Some pieces too difficult, even for a tenth year, are presented at the beginning of the book, which ends with the list of publishers and the index of the composers mentioned.
Jay Gottlieb is a pianist - Alain Neveux is a professor at the ENM of Evry - François-Michel Rignol is a professor at the ENM of Perpignan - Françoise Thinat is a teacher at the ENM in Orléans and at the Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris.
Highly regarded by students, teachers and musicians, the catalogs of the 10-year-old collection with ... list works that can be covered during the first ten years of studying an instrument.